Parent Traffic and Safety Pledge
As a GVA parent, I pledge to be a positive example of safety by:
- Being patient
- Following the direction and guidance provided by the traffic staff
- Putting my cell phone away while in the parking lot
- Crossing only at crosswalks
- Walking my child to the crosswalk when I park in the parking lot
- Accessing only GVA property for turning around, parking, and dropping off students.
- Not smoking on campus and/or during drop-off and pick up
- Not bringing dogs or other pets on campus
Morning Drop-off Procedures
The vehicle entrance is on the far north side of the property, not directly in front of the school.
- When approaching the school grounds from 120th Ave, you will pass by the exit only (directly in front of the school) and turn left on Grant Drive to reach the school entrance.
When driving on Grant Drive, please be aware of large trucks leaving the neighboring businesses, particularly Two Men and A Truck moving company.
- These trucks will depart for the day during our morning arrival time, so please be considerate by not blocking their exits or entrances.
- Keep in mind that these are big trucks and cannot stop quickly.
- Proceed with caution.
Once you turn onto the school property, use the far right lane for drop-off and the left lane for passing cars in the drop-off lane and exiting out of the property.
- Parents can drop students off anywhere along the sidewalk/fire lane if they have pulled forward.
- Do not let students out while in the left lane.
- Do not stop in the left lane, you will be blocking the traffic flow.
- Please watch for pedestrians in the crosswalks.
- Please pull ALL THE WAY forward before stopping to let students out, do not leave gaps.
- Please move forward as the line moves.
- A staff member/volunteer will help children out of cars.
- Students should be ready to exit when the car reaches the drop-off zone.
Parent & Guardian Reminders
- Do not get out of your cars when in line.
- Do not park in any parking lots adjacent to the school, as you will be towed.
- Once you have dropped off your student(s) proceed to the exit.
- There is NO LEFT TURN out of the exit during drop-off and pick-up.
- Plan to turn right to exit the property.
Starting at 8:15 AM, the left lane will become a parking lane until 2:00 PM for parents that need to park and come into the school.
Breakfast & Morning Entrance Procedures
Students may enter the school building through the front doors (K-5) or the middle school side entrance starting at 7:45 AM.
- Students eating breakfast will enter at 7:45 AM and will, eat their breakfast in the cafeteria and go directly to class by 8:00 AM.
- Breakfast is no longer free, so please plan accordingly.
- Students going to Village Square can enter the school at 7:00 AM.
- Elementary Students dropped off before 7:45 AM without an enrollment form on record with Village Square will be left unattended until 7:45 AM.
- Students will enter Village Square through the cafeteria doors, so parents should park in the furthest south parking lot and walk in with their students to sign them in.
- All students going to Village Square must have an enrollment form filled out with emergency contact information.
- At 7:45 AM, students will walk from Village Square to their classroom.
Afternoon Dismissal with QR Code
GVA uses a QR code system, so your child will remain in their classroom until a GVA-N staff member scans the family QR code.
- Once scanned, your child will be alerted in the classroom and exit outside to their designated pickup spot.
- Parents should save this QR code to their phones and send it to anyone picking up their student.
- Additionally, GVA requests that parents print this code and tape it to the inside of their front car window to make for easy scanning.
- Please do not try to scan this code yourself, it will not work. Please get in touch with the front desk if you have any concerns regarding your QR code.
If you do not have your QR code, you must park and enter the school lobby to retrieve one from the front desk.
- We encourage parents to save QR codes on their phones if a paper version is unavailable.
- Parking will be very limited. Please plan to use the pick-up lines.
Afternoon Pick-up Procedures
Our procedure is very similar to the pick-up areas at Denver International Airport.
- Please avoid blocking traffic in the left-hand lanes.
- Remember, the school officially dismisses at 3:15 PM.
- For the quickest pick-up experience, arrive no earlier than 3:00 PM for pick-up.
- Always enter through the north side of the property.
When you pull in, staff will scan your number, and your student(s)’ name(s) will appear on their classroom smartboard.
- This lets students know to leave the classroom and walk to their designated pick-up zone in front of the building.
- Designated waiting zones are on the sidewalk in front of the school.
- Students will load into cars on the passenger side of vehicles.
The first waiting zone is for middle school students.
- The zones are then in decreasing grade order, with kindergarten students at the very last spot.
- Older siblings and carpool riders should always stand/wait with the youngest student in the group.
If you do not see your child in their designated pick-up area, continue to pull forward.
- All students will exit the school through the main entrance, so they will walk past all cars waiting in line, looking for their rides.
- You do not need to wait in your child’s designated area, please pull forward if your child has not exited the building yet.
- Stay in the right lane unless passing or exiting.
- Please be careful and aware of all crosswalks. The speed limit is 10 MPH.
- Please stay in your car while in the pick-up line.
- Please move forward as the line moves.
Once you arrive at the exit, note that it is a right turn only during dismissal and arrival times.